Why Do Patients Switch Providers?
Our research* shows 1 in 5 patients are poised to change providers. What will you do as a health care marketing leader to attract and retain customers? Start by understanding the top 2 reasons people switch.
Confusion breeds distrust. Our data shows that helping people understand out-of-pocket costs can make or break your relationship.
Patients tell us they want to be heard, respected and understood. They want a health partner, not a casual acquaintance.
A partnership between Hailey Sault and Frank N. Magid Associates, the third annual study:
- Used focus group insights to create an online questionnaire that surveyed 1,100 consumers in three markets spanning the East Coast, Midwest and Pacific Northwest
- Assessed generational differences between Millennials, Gen X and Boomers
- Probed the choice drivers, experiences and media behavior of health care decision makers
Together in this report, the studies offer a singular, definable understanding of why patients change providers, and how they make those decisions. The research highlights:
- How quality “care” looks and feels
- What percentage of patients are actively considering switching providers
- How costs affect their decisions
- Qualities patients find both highly desirable, and highly unique in searching for a provider
- Those moments when patients are looking to make a change
- The best channels for connecting with patients (generational-specific)
Get instant access to the research.
Download this guide from Hailey Sault, a leading health care marketing, branding and digital firm.